Here are some links that I liked this week (plus stay tuned for a free download at the end of this post!):
1) Catalyst East 2010 Conference: Lessons, Observations, and Highlights by Samantha Johnson – I really wanted to be at the Catalyst conference at Atlanta last week, but I’m happy that my friends Sam and Rob were there to experience it. Sam did a great job of sharing some of the highlights and notable quotes from the sessions, so I loved reading her update.
2) The Purpose of a Partner by Dan Cathy – “The truth is that the best projects, the biggest companies and the greatest accomplishments are not born out of miraculous efforts of one, but out of partnerships.” –good reminder!
4) Architects as a Listening Community by Mel McGowan @ Visioneering Studios – From the first moment that I stepped into the Mariners Church campus in Irvine, California, I was captivated by its architecture and planning. It was during a Mariners campus tour that I first met Mel McGowan and learned about Visioneering Studios. I like how they approach architecture and design–how there’s so much thought and heart put into it. While I am not an architect, reading this post reminded me of how I want to work as a writer.
5) Lastly, I really love this quote from Bishop T.D. Jakes. I loved it so much that I made a desktop wallpaper out of it, and I thought I’d share it with you today. To download the large version (1280 x 800), just click on the photo below, then right click on it to save it to your computer.
What captured your heart this week? Do share!
* * *
If you liked this, you might be interested in these related posts:
- What I’m Loving This Week: To-Do Lists, Leadership Tips, Book Lists
- What I’m Loving This Week: Thoughts on Love, Honor, Leadership, and Planning
- What I’m Loving This Week: Awesome Internet Finds