Are you a master at turning trash into art? Are you a walking sports almanac? I want to know! What are your unique or unusual talents?
Here are a couple of mine:
- I’m a doodler. I can listen to a whole talk and doodle at the same time and not miss an important detail. For the record, I do know when to pause to write down an important point! I try not to doodle when I’m sitting in front of someone speaking, though. But sometimes it’s just too difficult to resist a blank space on a sheet of paper!
- I spot errors really, really quickly. I’m almost ashamed at how fast I can notice what’s wrong, because even though it makes me a good editor, I’m always in danger of becoming overly critical. Whether they’re spelling errors or typos, or they’re errors in displays or designs, I spot them immediately. I’ve been learning how to pick my battles, be more gentle, and know when to bite my tongue and stay silent altogether. After all, I can be my own top critic too! Terrible!
How about you? What are your unique or unusual talents?
* * *
If you liked this, you might be interested in these related posts:
- Tell Me Thursday: School Talk
- Tell Me Thursday: Let’s Talk About Books!
- Tell Me Thursday: What has been speaking to your heart lately?