No, I’m not getting married yet, but I’ve got several friends who will be tying the knot soon. This week, I’ve come across some wonderful blog posts on marriage from Bianca Juarez‘s blog (she’s one of my favorite bloggers who recently got married) that I’d like to share with my soon-to-be-married friends and with you, whether you’re single or married. I think that no matter what your status or season is, you could appreciate and learn from these unique perspectives and powerful stories.
1) Marriage Advice from Jon Acuff – short, simple, straight to the point!
2) The Same Page of the Same Book by Sarah Markley – still keeping it simple…
3) Sarah Markley’s story – On her own blog site, Sarah Markley shared the amazing story of her own marriage with her husband. These are not your typical blog posts about marriage. But what she shared here was so honest, so brave, and ultimately so beautiful. Here’s a preview:
This is story.
This is my story.
I cheated on my husband nine years ago. I was lost and without hope. But God rescued me, my husband forgave me, and I am living a new life.
It’s amazing. Read it. Thank you to Sarah and Chad Markley for sharing your story with all of us.
Have you read some good stuff on the ‘net lately?
In case you missed it, readers from Metro Manila have less than 24 hours left to join: I’m giving out five gift certificates worth P500 from OMF Literature. You have until tomorrow (Saturday) at noon to get a chance to snag one of the gift certificates! To find out more, check out this post.
* * *
If you liked this, you might be interested in these related posts:
- What I’m Loving This Week: Thoughts on Love, Honor, Leadership, and Planning
- What I’m Loving This Week: Thoughts on Love, Life, and Waiting
- What I’m Loving This Week: Awesome Internet Finds