If you have been following this blog, you may have noticed that I have been very delinquent when it comes to posting. Of course, I have a ton of excuses, none of which I am posting, because at the end of the day, I know I just really need to make time to post! I think I’ll go back to a 30-day blog challenge or I’ll do a 3-posts-a-week challenge to boost my blogging again.
And speaking of boosting, I’m going to kick it off with a simple list of great links, because I haven’t posted one in a while. What can I say, I like to share! Different topics for different folks….enjoy!
1) FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – Adorable advice from a 4-year old’s perspective over here at Steven Furtick’s blog. A must-watch for those who need to learn a simple and easy way to budget, save, AND honor God at the same time.
2) ENJOYING LIFE & KEEPING THINGS SIMPLE – A really nice and beautiful post by Myra Watkins: http://myrawatkins.blogspot.com/2009/06/keeping-it-simple-and-real.html — It put a smile on my face and brightened up my day.
3) PARENTING & INFLUENCING YOUR FAMILY – Some great thoughts from Reggie Joiner, by way of Michael Hyatt’s blog: http://michaelhyatt.com/2009/10/two-approaches-to-influencing-the-family-catalyst-day-0.html — I don’t have a family of my own yet, but it doesn’t hurt to learn more about being a godly wife and mother in the future!
4) METAPHORICAL READING, MARKETING & THE MUSIC INDUSTRY – An insightful blog post from music marketing guru, Derek Sivers. His blog is a must-read for all people who want to make music for a living. Having come from different jobs that immersed me in media, marketing, and the music industry (and also from being around musicians a lot), I’m a huge advocate of taking into account marketing principles when it comes to making and selling music. I believe that musicians (and all artists, for that matter) can be true to themselves while being wise and strategic with their careers. Artists don’t have to die for their art. Really…please don’t.
Okay, that’s it for now from me! Random selection, right? Well, if you know me, you know I love randomness. :) Here’s what to expect this week from my blog:
1) RepubLIKHA’s 1st Children’s Music Fest – photos from the event, highlights, and more
2) I’ll be reviewing a new book. I’m thinking if I should go with Seaside Letters, a Christian chick-lit book (oh yes, they have those too!) or Find Your Strongest Life by strengths guru Marcus Buckingham. Either way, I’ll review both this month :) By the way, in case you were wondering, the winner of my A Million Miles in a Thousand Years book giveaway was Terri Tan. Congrats Terri! I sent her the book a couple of weeks ago. I hope she’s liking it!
3) Photography class – should you take one or not? I’m taking my first-ever class now, and I’ll tell you more about it. For now, I’ll tell you, I’m loving it. :)
Eureka! That’s it! From now until the end of the year, I’ll be going with a theme: HOW TO LOVE YOUR LIFE. :)
Now I’m excited. :) See you back here soon!