This month has been a busy month…in a good way!
I’ll be teaching/coaching for the first time today at the University of Makati together with the other LIFE teachers/coaches. I’m looking forward to this! I also started a new women’s small group with old friends and new friends that meets on Tuesday nights.
Busy, busy! So I haven’t been able to blog properly. Maybe I’ll do the 30-day blog challenge (I was inspired by my friends and former co-workers at Summit Media, Mariel Chua and Alvin Jimenez). I’ll start on August 1 :) Want to join me?
In the meantime, I just posted a blog on the RepubLIKHA artist workshops in the RepubLIKHA site. Check it out!
Have a happy Thursday!
The kids from GK-Poveda!
Hi everyone! On July 31 (that’s this Friday!), Republikha (our NGO–find out more about us @ http://www.republikha.org) will making another visit to our first beneficiary at GK-Poveda (their community is in Taguig City).
In the morning we will be teaching the kids (preschoolers!) about music. After that we will be sitting down with some of the parents and guardians of GK-Poveda so that we can get to know them better. We also want to find out what their challenges are in terms of education and dealing with the messages that media sends today.
Would you like to help us make this day more special? We are collecting donations (in cash or kind).
Julianne w/the kids!
If you want to take part in this manner, please let us know if you can help us with any of the following below:
School supplies donation: (25 pcs each)
Knapsacks or plastic envelopes
Kiddie bags donation:
Cookies/brownies for 25 kids
Sandwhich spread (good for 25)
Zesto juice packs (25 pieces)
P2,000 for food and drinks for 35 adults from GK-Poveda
If you own a music store, musical instruments will also be a blessing to this community. These instruments can be 2nd hand or brand new.
We are looking at: tambourines, xylophone, maracas, or a guitar.
Please let us know if you are willing to help out. If you are in the Makati-Ortigas- QC area, we can pick up your donations. If you’d like to help out, leave a comment here or send me a personal message!
My all-time favorite way to do it: Reading on a calm and sunny day, sitting on the grass, under a big leafy tree :) (Illustration by Peter Banse)
Around a month ago, I remember one of my favorite pastors (and one of Victory’s founders), Steve Murrell, encouraging people to keep reading the Word. “It’s an acquired taste,” he said. The statement got laughs from the audience, but at the same time, most of us definitely understood was he was saying! When I first started reading the Bible, it took me some time to really get into it. At first, it was tough! But today, I can’t let a day go by without reading it. I love it.
I’ve taken to posting at least one Bible verse every day on my Twitter and Facebook updates. It started because I would find great verses during my quiet times that I wanted to share, so I would post them every so often. I didn’t realize that many of my friends would actually wait for them every day! So that encouraged me to post them daily. :) As it turns out, some people didn’t realize that the Bible had lots of good stuff. I tell you…that’s an understatement! :)
I came across this list tonight and decided to share it, as an ‘appetizer’ for those who are thinking about picking up a Bible to read (I suggest starting with the NLT, Message, NIV, or TNIV versions!). I named this blog post the way I did because I think these 100 verses also give a sampling of great reasons to read the Bible. According to the uber-useful site, Bible Gateway, these are the most popular verses that get searched on their site:
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Jer 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Rom 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Phil 4:13: I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
- Gen 1:1: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Prov 3:5: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
- Prov 3:6: in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Rom 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Phil 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
You can read the rest of the list (and how they came up with it) here. Great and powerful stuff! :) I love His Word!
“…God does do repeat performances! He is faithful! What He has done in your life He can do again. And that’s a good reason to hold fast… to keep believing… and to hold on today to the promise that God has put in your heart!”
April 17, 2009 – Carisse and I guested on The Edge to talk about our non-profit organization, RepubLIKHA. If you have time, watch this video and support us by being a RepubLIKHA fan on Facebook!
Thank you to Ron, Owie, and the rest of The Edge family for having us! :)